On behalf of The Peabody Memphis, we want to reassure you that we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and legislation in our city, state and beyond as it applies to the Coronavirus.
The Peabody has remained open, continuing to welcome guests throughout this crisis..... but with some modifications to our services and amenities.
The health and safety of our guests and associates remains our top priority at The Peabody, which is why we have enacted the below Health and Safety Protocols throughout the hotel, elevating our already-stringent cleaning and disinfecting practices.
In addition, we have updated a few policies related to upcoming reservations. We are waiving Cancellation Fees for individual stays through April 30, 2021, until 4PM on the day of arrival. We do ask that you call and notify the hotel of any changes in your plans as soon as you are able, as No-Show Fees do apply.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding an upcoming stay, please contact us at 1-800-PEABODY.
Enhanced Safety and Sanitization Precautions
As a standard of Peabody culture, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We take pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the Coronavirus, we have taken additional measures in step with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC) to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more relevant:
- We are continuing with existing practices of using CDC-approved, hospital-grade cleaners in all areas and high temperatures with disinfectants to sterilize all linens, towels, dishes, cookware, and serving ware.
- We have placed sterilizing stations with tissues and hand sanitizer in our most active guest areas and equipped all Peabody associate workstations with hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
- In addition to our ongoing practice of cleaning all public spaces throughout the day and deep cleaning overnight, "high touch" surfaces (such as the Front Desk, elevators, door handles, handrails) are being disinfected every three hours.
- Protective plexiglass shields have been installed at service counters, including the Front Desk, Concierge, Bell Stand, Peabody Deli & Desserts and Feathers Spa reception.
- Our Housekeeping Team has been trained in biohazard protocols and is taking additional measures to deep clean and sanitize rooms between guests. In addition, any vacated rooms in which a previous guests' health was questionable are treated with an industrial Ozone machine for minimum of 8 hours.
- To keep our associates and future guests healthy, guestroom housekeeping service for "stayovers" will be provided only when guests are not in the room. Fresh linens and other necessities will be delivered upon request.
- Our Food & Beverage Team is taking extra steps to ensure that any Room Service delivery items (ie. check presenters, serving trays, delivery carts) that come in contact with guests are being disinfected between each guest. Disposable gloves are a standard for food service and food prep. Room Service associates do not enter guestrooms upon delivery and carts/trays should be left in guestroom hallway for removal.
- In compliance with City of Memphis Ordinance No. 5751 and the Shelby County Health Department recommendations, all Peabody associates and vendors must wear face-covering masks while at on property. In addition, Peabody associates and vendors receive a temperature check upon entering the hotel. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 degrees is not permitted to enter the building.
- Additionally, ALL Peabody Guests over the age of 2 are expected to follow City of Memphis Ordinance No. 5751 and Shelby County Health Department directives by wearing a face-covering mask or face-covering sheild while in public throughout the city. This includes ALL public areas at The Peabody. Guests are also asked to practice social distancing with those who are not a member of their household/family while on premises.
Restaurants & Bars
Per the Shelby County Health Department, all Memphis restaurants must maintain 6-feet social distancing and reduced capacity. No parties greater than 6 guests, all of whom must be from the same household, are permitted at one table. All restaurants and bars must stop serving by 10PM, with patrons leaving the premises by 10:30PM. Food service should not exceed 2 hours per party. No barstool seating is permitted at bar counters. Contact tracing will be conducted in all restaurants and bars. Carry-out, curbside pick-up and delivery are permitted.
- Breakfast: Served in Chez Philippe. Daily, 7AM - 11:30AM
- Lunch: Served in Chez Philippe. Daily, 12PM - 3PM.
- Dinner: Served in Chez Philippe. Sunday - Thursday, 5PM - 9PM; Friday - Saturday, 5PM - 10PM
- Room Service: Sunday - Thursday, 7AM - 9PM; Friday - Saturday, 7AM - 10PM.
- Peabody Deli & Desserts: Monday - Saturday, 6:30AM - 9PM, and Sunday, 6:30AM - 8PM. Complimentary coffee is available to hotel guests from 6:30AM to 10AM daily.
- Lobby Bar: Sunday - Thursday, 10AM - 11PM; Friday - Saturday, 10AM - 12AM. Cocktails and light bites.
- Afternoon Tea: Served in Chez Philippe. Thursday - Saturday, 1PM - 3:30PM. Reservations required: 901-529-4000
- Capriccio Grill: Take Out and Delivery only. (Uber Eats, GrubHub, DoorDash)
- Chez Philippe: Serving breakfast and dinner. Casual dining experience. Chez Philippe's French fine dining cuisine is not available.
- The Corner Bar: Temporarily closed.
Feathers Spa and Athletic Club
- Feathers Spa is open with the operating hours of Wednesday - Sunday, 10AM - 6PM. Available treatments includes massages and facials. The Steam Room and Dry Sauna will be available to spa clients only with limited capacity.
- For more detailed information about our enhanced health and safety protocols for Feathers Spa, please visit the Feathers Spa COVID-19 Information Page.
- The Peabody Athletic Club, including the indoor pool, is open to hotel guests with limited capacity to allow for ample social distancing. The hot tub remains closed. Per the Shelby County Health Department, guests are required to wear a face covering in gyms at all times, except when swimming or showering. Athletic Club Hours: Monday - Wednesday, 7AM - 7PM, Thursday - Sunday, 7AM - 9PM.
Peabody Club Floor
- The Peabody Club Floor is open for reservations, but all special services and amenities are suspended until May 1, 2021.
The Peabody Duck March, Duck Palace & Hotel History Tours
- The Peabody Ducks continue their daily marches at 11AM and 5PM. However, to manage crowds and adhere to social distancing best practices, Duck March ceremonies are open to hotel guests only at this time.
- The ducks' Royal Duck Palace on the Peabody Rooftop is available for visitation daily from 11AM to 6PM daily, weather permitting.
- The Peabody Hotel History Tours have been suspended.
- The Rooftop, including access to the Duck Palace, is open to the public from 11AM - 6PM daily, weather permitting.
Shops & Business Services
- Peabody Deli & Desserts is open daily, offering an assortment of Peabody souvenirs and travel essentials.
- Lansky shops are open daily. Lansky Bros "Clothier To The King," and the Lucky Duck Gift Shop are open Sunday - Thursday, 9AM - 6PM; Friday - Saturday, 9AM - 7PM. Lansky 126 is open Sunday - Thursday, 10AM - 6PM; Friday - Saturday, 9AM - 7PM. The Accessories Shop is open daily, 10AM - 6PM.
- Gir Accessories is open daily, 10:30AM - 5:30PM.
- FedEx Office is open Monday - Friday, 9AM - 6PM and Saturday, 10AM - 6PM. Closed Sunday..
Meeting & Event Space
- All meeting rooms and event spaces are available at a reduced capacity. Please contact our Sales & Conference Services Department for details.
- Sunset Social Hour has concluded for the winter season.