On behalf of The Peabody Memphis, we want to reassure you that we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and legislation in our city, state and beyond as it applies to the Coronavirus.
As hotels play a critical role within communities and are considered essential businesses, The Peabody has remained open, continuing to welcome guests throughout this crisis..... but with some modifications to our services and amenities.
The health and safety of our guests and associates remains our top priority at The Peabody, which is why we have enacted the below Health and Safety Protocols throughout the hotel, elevating our already-stringent cleaning and disinfecting practices.
In addition, we have updated a few policies related to upcoming reservations. We are now waiving cancellation fees for individual stays through June 30, 2020. We do ask that you call and notify the hotel of any changes in your plans as soon as you are able.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding an upcoming stay, please contact us at 1-800-PEABODY.
Enhanced Safety and Sanitization Precautions
As a standard of Peabody culture, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We take pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the Coronavirus, we have taken additional measures in step with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC) to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more relevant:
- We are continuing with existing practices of using CDC-approved, hospital-grade cleaners in all areas and high temperatures with disinfectants to sterilize all linens, towels, dishes, cookware, and serving ware.
- We have placed sterilizing stations with tissues and hand sanitizer in our most active guest areas and equipped all Peabody associate workstations with hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
- In addition to our ongoing practice of cleaning all public spaces throughout the day and deep cleaning overnight, "high touch" surfaces (such as the Front Desk, elevators, door handles, handrails) are being disinfected every three hours.
- Protective plexiglass shields have been installed at service counters, including the Front Desk, Peabody Deli & Desserts and Feathers Spa reception.
- We have reduced our available guestroom inventory to 50%. Our Housekeeping Team has been trained in biohazard protocols and is taking additional measures to deep clean and sanitize rooms between guests. In addition, any vacated rooms in which a previous guests' health was questionable are treated with an industrial Ozone machine for minimum of 8 hours.
- To keep our associates and future guests healthy, guestroom housekeeping service for "stayovers" has been suspended. Fresh linens and other necessities are delivered only upon request. Furthermore, vacated rooms are placed in "out of order" status for 72 hours prior to being entered for cleaning and returned to inventory.
- Our Food & Beverage Team is taking extra steps to ensure that any Room Service delivery items (ie. check presenters, serving trays, delivery carts) that come in contact with guests are being disinfected between each guest. Disposable gloves are a standard for food service and food prep. Room Service associates do not enter guestrooms upon delivery and carts/trays should be left in guestroom hallway for removal.
- In compliance with the Shelby County Health Department, all Peabody associates and vendors must wear face-covering masks while at on property. In addition, Peabody associates and vendors receive a two-step temperature check upon entering the hotel. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 degrees is not permitted to enter the building.
- Additionally, it is strongly recommended that ALL Peabody Guests are expected to follow Shelby County Health Department guidelines by wearing a face-covering mask when in any public areas of the hotel and practicing social distancing with those who are not a member of their household/family.
Restaurants & Bars
Per the directive of Mayor Jim Strickland, all Memphis restaurants may now reopen at 50% capacity while maintaining social distancing. Carry-out, curbside pick-up and delivery are also permitted.
- Capriccio Grill is open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Hours: Sunday - Wednesday, 7AM - 8PM, Thursday - Saturday, 7AM - 9PM. Carry-out, curbside pickup and delivery (via GrubHub and DoorDash) are also available.
- Room Service is available Sunday - Wednesday, 7AM - 8PM, and Thursday - Sunday, 7AM - 9PM.
- Peabody Deli & Desserts is open daily for light bites, grab-n-go items, and desserts from the Peabody Pastry Shop. Hours: Sunday - Wednesday, 6:30AM - 8PM, and Thursday - Satuday, 6:30AM - 9PM. Complimentary coffee is available to hotel guests from 6:30AM to 10AM daily.
- The Lobby Bar is open daily, 10AM - 11PM.
- Chez Philippe remains closed at this time.
- The Corner Bar is closed at this time.
Feathers Spa and Athletic Club
- Feathers Spa will reopen Wednesday, June 3, with the operating hours of Wednesday - Sunday, 10AM - 6PM. Available treatments includes massages and facials. The Steam Room and Dry Sauna will be available to spa clients only with limited capacity.
- The Peabody Athletic Club, including the indoor pool, is open to hotel guests with limited capacity to allow for ample social distancing.
- For more detailed information about our enhanced health and safety protocols for Feathers Spa, please visit the Feathers Spa COVID-19 Information Page.
The Peabody Duck March & Hotel History Tours
- The Peabody Ducks continue their daily marches at 11AM and 5PM.
- The ducks' Royal Duck Palace is currently unavailable for visitation as the Peabody Rooftop is temporarily closed.
- The Peabody Hotel History Tours have been suspended.
Shops & Business Services
- Peabody Deli & Desserts is open daily, offering an assortment of Peabody souvenirs and travel essentials.
- All Lansky shops, including Lansky Bros "Clothier To The King," The Lucky Duck, The Accessories Shop, and Lansky 126, are open daily, 9AM - 5:30PM.
- Gir Accessories is open daily, 10:30AM - 5:30PM.
- FedEx Office is open with limited hours.
Meeting & Event Space
- All meeting rooms and event spaces are temporarily closed, including the Peabody Executive Conference Center and Skyway.
- The Peabody Rooftop is temporarily closed.
- The 2020 Peabody Rooftop Party season has been cancelled.
As life returns to normal, we - the ownership, management and staff at The Peabody - look forward to welcoming you back to the "South's Grand Hotel" and serving you and your family for many years to come.