On behalf of The Peabody Memphis, we want to reassure you that we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and legislation in our city, state and beyond as it applies to the Coronavirus.
As hotels play a critical role within communities and are considered essential businesses, The Peabody will remain open for the foreseeable future. Our doors are open and we continue to welcome guests here at the “South’s Grand Hotel,” but with some modifications as noted below.
The health and safety of our guests and Associates remain our top priority at The Peabody, which is why we have enacted the below Health and Safety Protocols throughout the hotel.
In addition, we have updated a few policies related to upcoming reservations. We are now waiving cancellation fees for individual stays through April 30, 2020. We do ask that you call and notify the hotel of any changes in your plans as soon as you are able.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding an upcoming stay, please contact us at 1-800-PEABODY.
Enhanced Safety and Sanitization Precautions
As a standard of Peabody culture, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the coronavirus, we have taken additional measures in step with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC) to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more relevant:
- We are continuing with existing practices of using CDC-approved cleansers in all areas and high temperatures with disinfectants to sterilize all linens, towels, dishes, cookware and serving ware.
- We have placed sterilizing stations with tissues and hand sanitizer in our most active guest areas and equipped all Peabody Associate workstations with hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
- In addition to our ongoing practice of deep cleaning all public spaces overnight, “high touch” surfaces (such as the Front Desk, elevators, door handles) are being disinfected every three hours.
Restaurants & Bars
Per the directive of Mayor Jim Strickland, all Memphis restaurants and bars are closed for dine-in business, only carry-out, curbside pick-up and delivery are permitted at this time.
- Capriccio Grill is offering for breakfast, lunch and dinner, between 8AM and 8PM, via both carry-out and curbside pick-up. Delivery is now available via Grubhub. Carry-out orders may be picked up inside Peabody Deli & Desserts (adjacent to Capriccio Grill) or curbside from a designated parking area on The Peabody’s front drive. Orders may be placed by calling 901-529-4164 or at www.PeabodyMemphis.com/dine.
- Room Service, with a limited menu, is available between 8AM and 8PM.
- Peabody Deli & Desserts is open for To Go orders, between 8AM and 8PM, including breakfast items, sandwiches, salads, pastries and drinks.
- Chez Philippe is closed at this time.
- The Lobby Bar and Corner Bar are closed at this time. Alcoholic beverages are available in Peabody Deli & Desserts for take-out, curbside pickup and delivery.
Feathers Spa and Athletic Club
- Feather Spa is temporarily closed, including access to the steam room and dry sauna.
- The Peabody Athletic Club is temporarily closed, including access to the pool and hot tub.
The Peabody Duck March & Hotel History Tours
- The Peabody Ducks continue their daily marches at 11AM and 5PM. However, to minimize the duration of the event and gathering of crowds, the history presentation preceding the Duck March has been suspended and social distancing throughout the Lobby is being encouraged.
- Hotel History Tours have been suspended.
Shops & Business Services
- All Lansky shops, including the Lansky Bros “Clothier To The King,” The Lucky Duck, The Accessories Shop, and Lansky 126, are temporarily closed. Peabody Deli & Desserts remains open and offers an assortment of Peabody souvenirs and travel essentials.
- Gir Accessories is temporarily closed.
- FedEx Office is open Monday through Friday, between 9AM and 6PM, and Saturday, between 10AM and 6PM.
Meeting & Event Space
- All meeting rooms and event spaces are temporarily closed, including the Peabody Executive Conference Center and Skyway.
- The Peabody Rooftop, as well as access to the Royal Duck Palace, is temporarily closed.
- Easter Bunny Tea events in Chez Philippe on March 29 and April 5 have been cancelled.
- The Master Taster’s Club wine tasting event on April 1 has been cancelled.
- Peabody Easter Brunch on April 12 has been cancelled.
- The Peabody Rooftop Party season, scheduled to begin April 16, has been postponed. A new Season Opener date will be announced soon.