On behalf of The Peabody Memphis, we want to reassure you that we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and legislation in our city, state, and beyond as it applies to the Coronavirus.
The Peabody has remained open, continuing to welcome guests throughout this crisis..... but with some modifications to our services and amenities.
The health and safety of our guests and associates remains our top priority at The Peabody, which is why we have enacted the below Health and Safety Protocols throughout the hotel, elevating our already-stringent cleaning and disinfecting practices.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding an upcoming stay, please contact us at 1-800-PEABODY.
As of October 28, 2021, face coverings are no longer required indoors in Memphis / Shelby County. While they are no longer mandated by the Shelby County Health Department, it is still strongly recommended that face coverings be worn in public spaces within The Peabody, especially crowded or confined areas, such as while viewing the Duck March, waiting in lines, or riding elevators.
Enhanced Safety and Sanitization Precautions
As a standard of Peabody culture, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We take pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the Coronavirus, we have taken additional measures in step with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC) to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more relevant:
- We are continuing with existing practices of using CDC-approved, hospital-grade cleaners in all areas and high temperatures with disinfectants to sterilize all linens, towels, dishes, cookware, and serving ware.
- We have placed sterilizing stations with tissues and hand sanitizer in our most active guest areas and equipped all Peabody associate workstations with hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
- In addition to our ongoing practice of cleaning all public spaces throughout the day and deep cleaning overnight, "high touch" surfaces (such as the Front Desk, elevators, door handles, handrails) are being disinfected every three hours.
- Protective plexiglass shields have been installed at service counters, including the Front Desk, Concierge, Bell Stand, and Peabody Deli & Desserts.
- Our Housekeeping Team has been trained in biohazard protocols and is taking additional measures to deep clean and sanitize rooms between guests. In addition, any vacated rooms in which a previous guests' health was questionable are treated with an industrial Ozone machine for a minimum of 8 hours
- HOUSEKEEPING: To keep our associates and guests healthy, guestroom housekeeping service for "stayovers" is available only upon request and guests may not be present in the room while housekeeping services are being performed. Fresh linens and other necessities will be delivered upon request.
- ROOM SERVICE: Our Food & Beverage Team is taking extra steps to ensure that any Room Service delivery items (ie. check presenters, serving trays, delivery carts) that come in contact with guests are being disinfected between each guest. Disposable gloves are a standard for foodservice and food prep. Room Service associates do not enter guestrooms upon delivery and carts/trays should be left in the guestroom hallway for removal.
- DUCK MARCH: To manage crowds and adhere to social distancing best practices, effective immediately, the Duck March is only open to Peabody Hotel guests on weekends, from the 5pm Duck March Fridays through the 11am Duck March on Sundays.